Social Media Consulting
What’s this? Social Media consulting? For authors?
Why not! I’ve been involved with blogging and social media for nearly 10 years now – back before blogging was even called blogging. I’ve created dozens of blogs and Twitter accounts, helped businesses set up Youtube channels and Facebook pages, set up social networks on Ning – and now I’m bringing all those services to you. Why? Because I love you! I absolutely adore everyone I’ve met in the children’s book industry and feel that I can meld my background and expertise with my network here.
Social media marketing is the process of promoting you and your book through social media channels – and it’s a powerful strategy to get you links, reviews, attention, and generate traffic & interest for your launch and long after! Even middle grade authors can benefit from social media – with kids getting on Twitter and Facebook younger and younger!
|“Nikki Katz is a social media goddess! Within an hour, of signing up with Nikki and getting our pitch letter together, she had already secured for me three blog reviews and interviews on top sites. I was dancing around my office. And then the e-mails with interview requests kept on coming. I have to say that I love working with Nikki. She’s hardworking, responsive and has developed long-term relationships with influencers in the blogoshere. For my next book launch, I DEFINITELY know whom to call!”
– Hillary Homzie, Author of Things are Gonna’ Get Ugly, Alien Clones from Outer Space, and The Hot List
Social Media Consulting Packages:
(Discount pricing available if purchasing more than one package)
Social Media Setup
Note: this is for a unique URL only – not Blogger, LiveJournal, etc. If you would like setup on one of these platforms, please contact me (email below). Samples of customization include this blog and Kids Write Reviews. We will work together to find a style that suits you and/or your books.
- Edit blog template (includes choosing color scheme and background, basic header, editing sidebar, fonts, etc). If you require an extensive or animated header, additional fees may apply.
- Install and setup WordPress (requires FTP access to website files)
- Set up user accounts
- Includes documentation of WordPress training so you can post/edit your own articles
- Optional: Help with recommendations for hosting and assisting in hosting blog
- Help determine Twitter name
- Brand Twitter page
- Launch with 10 Twitter posts
- Follow 100 people
- Integrate Twitter into existing website (if applicable)
- Integrate blog feed into Twitter (if applicable)
Facebook Page Setup:
- Create Facebook page
- Create Facebook landing page with your existing book information, trailer, possible contest or other marketing information
- Integrate Facebook into existing website (if applicable)
- Integrate blog into Facebook (if applicable)
Youtube Channel Setup:
- Obtain Youtube username
- Brand Youtube channel
- Incorporate book channel
- Integrate Youtube channel into blog (if applicable)
Social Media Maintenance
The blog is the best place to detail upcoming event information, showcase reviews, engage with your readers, promote your book and more! Many people “subscribe” to blogs, so the content immediately feeds into their reader when the blog is updated, allowing fast and easy access to the content, instead of waiting for the reader to come back to the website on their own.
- Post 2+ posts a week with a concentration on proper keywords and search terms to help Google rank.
- Respond to any comments posted
- Post 2+ “Tweets” a day – a mix of new content to promote book and conversing with others
- Continue to follow applicable Twitter accounts and weed out those that are not engaged in dialogue
- Add blog posts, author tour details, reviews, etc as applicable
- Engage with fans, asking them to input content, comments, stories, etc.
Other Social Media Services
Ghost Blogging & Tweeting:
Already have your blog and Twitter account set up, but need help while you’re on deadline, at a conference, or on a book tour? I can help with posts, tweeting, and managing comments.
- Includes 2 blog posts
- 2+ tweets a day
Blog Tour Assistance:
- Put together email with request for blog tour participants, information on your novel, etc
- Distribution and correspondence with 25+ book bloggers (each with over 200 followers). I have spent DAYS creating a list and developing relationships with some of these bloggers!
Fan Site Setup:
- Brainstorm a name
- Determine if it should be a blog, forum, or Ning site
- Set up fan site
- Brand fan site
- Work with you to find people interested in running the site on your behalf
Social Media Consulting:
- Want to learn more about social media and do it all on your own? This consulting includes one hour on the phone – where we will discuss the benefits of social media, how to engage/converse with your readers, the “formula” for properly engaging with your audience while still promoting your book, ways to respond to feedback and reviews, networking with other authors, scheduling out tweets and Facebook posts, and more.
Please email me for more details!